As an independent insurance agency we have worked hard to establish strong, long-term relationships with many of the top regional and national insurance providers. Because of these relationships, we can offer top notch Queens renters insurance coverage as well as expert solutions and service to our all of our Queen’s, NY insurance customers.
As independent agents we are free to choose the best carrier to meet your insurance coverage needs. We’re not beholden to one particular insurance carrier so that we can pick and choose to find the right coverage for the right price to meet your needs.
The fact that we work with highly reputable companies ensures that the coverage we offer is competitive and comprehensive. These are some of the companies we work with:
- Commercial Mutual
- Magna Carta
- Private Client Group
It’s hard to go wrong with respected names like these to choose from, and these are only a fraction of the top carriers we work with on a daily basis to bring you the best policies and coverages for the best possible rates.
Queens Renters Insurance FAQs
These are some of the commonly asked questions concerning renters insurance in Queens that might help you make this important decision.
What Doesn’t Renter’s Insurance in Queen’s Cover?
Like homeowner’s insurance, renter’s insurance excluded certain things from coverage. This will vary, to some degree, from one company to the next, but will almost always exclude damage from floods and earthquakes. Your policy may also exclude dog bites – or bites from certain dog breeds. You may need to purchase a separate animal liability coverage for that and for any damage your pet may do to the apartment that goes beyond your pet security deposit.
Renters insurance in Queens also has some limitations. For instance, if you have an extensive collection of furs or expensive jewelry, your insurance limit of about $1,000 per type of item may not be enough to cover your loss in a theft, fire, or other covered loss. The same holds true for things like:
- Fine Art
- Sporting Equipment
- Musical Instruments
- Firearms and Collectible Weaponry
You get the picture. If you have valuable items, it’s a good idea to consider valuable items insurance to cover each item type you own.
Tips and More for Buying Renters Insurance in Queens NY
These tips will save you a great deal of time, money, and aggravation when it comes to buying insurance. Use them well.
- Bundle your renter’s insurance policy with your auto insurance. Insurance companies love loyal customers and reward you handsomely for carrying multiple policies through them.
- Know what your policy does and does not cover. The benefit of working with an independent agent is that you get to develop a personal relationship with your agent. This means you can ask the burning questions about coverage and make sure that the things that are most important to you (not to mention most expensive to replace) are acceptably covered as far as you’re concerned.
- Understand your total coverage. Don’t hope you’ve got the all the coverage you need. Ask specific questions and get straight answers from an agent you feel you can trust.
- Consider a higher deductible if you need lower premiums. Understand, though, that if disaster strikes, the burden on you will be even larger. If monthly costs are an issue, this will help keep them down, it can be a high price to pay though.
Your future is on the line if you don’t have the right kind and amount of renters insurance to protect yourself and your possessions. Don’t wonder if you’ve gotten it right another day. Contact us right away for your free Queens renter’s insurance quote.
Are you looking for Queens renters insurance? We’ll work with you to get you the right insurance for your budget and needs. Contact us at Honig Conte Porrino to get your Queens renters insurance quote today!