Co-Op Insurance is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Co-Op Insurance takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of Co-Op Insurance:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Co-Op Insurance is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Co-Op Insurance. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Co-Op Insurance:
Postal address: 129 W 27th St, New York, NY 10001
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Co-Op Insurance is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with built-in assistive technology on operating system Windows 10+
- Safari with built-in assistive technology on operating system OSX+
Co-Op Insurance is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions or Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of Co-Op Insurance relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Co-Op Insurance, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Co-Op Insurance:
- Comments from users: uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 10 business days.
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within 3 business days. Please call 212-777-7113 for support.
Co-Op Insurance assessed the accessibility of Co-Op Insurance by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
- Evaluation report
- Evaluation statement
- Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Director of Communication
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.